Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Nearing the End

It's funny because when I started this blog I had so much to say - because of my situation at the time. Now as we are approaching the end of the "Divorce" my life has slowed down a ton and you know what, I am definitely ok with that!! But I feel like I do not have much "dish" to spill. I promise, I will try harder.

The only step I have left to do is attend a divorce planning thing that is MANDATORY when you have a minor child. It is 4 hours long and from what Mark told me, completely awful. I get the whole premise behind it, but really? Do I need to be told that I should never say bad things about my spouse - from an unknowing third party- to my daughter? Do I need to know ALL the statistics of what happens to a child of divorce? Nope, I do not. Thinking about that is enough to depress anybody.

My hope is that Piper will come out unscathed from all of this. I am a child of divorce and it was the best thing that happened to me and my family. There's just something about having a happy Mom and Dad in your life - even if it is on separate terms. And I may be biased, ok I am biased, but I think having a happy Mom is the most important factor. I am really happy with my life right now - I am comfortable with who I am and I think that shows through to Piper on a daily basis. I very much still love being a Mom - that is a "job" I will never get tired of. And who knows, maybe one day I will have another one - the possibilities are endless!

On a completely random note, I went to a Mary Kay party with Jax a few weeks ago and then hosted a party for the Mary Kay gal. Now, NOW, she will not leave me alone. She talks about how this is a great opportunity, especially going through a divorce and needing extra money, blah, blah, blah....Umm, lady I do not want to do it. I am not a salesperson. I like your product, now leave me be. Why am I so nice that I just can't say NO? Lord!! Any ideas of how to politely say "no, thanks?"

1 comment:

♥Joy♥ said...

Mary Kay Ladies do NOT know nice. You have to be very firm with them and say hey, I hosted a party for you, that is all I can do. I do not need anything else. I will continue to buy product from you but I am not planning on becoming a Mary Kay Sales Rep. Thank you for the opportunity but I have to decline.

That's pretty much what I said to mine. I think I was a little meaner than that? IDK. You'd have to ask her. But since then I haven't gotten one call/e-mail asking me to consider my business adventure options.

Good luck!

Yay for divorce coming to an end! Yes I know the video is boring and DUH-licious but there are a lot of people out there that don't follow those guidelines and there are also a lot of people that don't know that stuff. So in order for the state to be able to say hey...we have told them this isn't right, they implemented a mandatory "you have to watch this to complete your divorce" video-viewing. Ha!