Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I Know A Man

In the beginning of my separation to Mark (August 15, 2008, but who counting...ME!) I met many people that came and went in my life. Some wanted to get to know me better...ahem...a lot better and some were just fun to be around for the time being. I was so happy, yet so freaking jaded when I moved out, all I wanted was to take care of my daughter and when I did not have her, go out so I did not have to be by myself for long periods of time.

The whole "going out and being single thing" sucked after about 2 months. I mean, when you see the same people you saw prior to you being married - 6 years ago - and they are still out doing the same damn thing, you know somethings have got to change. So, I slowed down and started enjoying the fact that I was by myself and I had time to actually think about what was most important to me - MY happiness and Piper and her happiness.

You will notice that I put MY happiness first and that may seem selfish to some people. But, I learned this, my happiness has a direct effect on her happiness. So when Momma was happy, Piper was happy. And if you've never met my daughter, there is NOTHING in this world better than a happy Piper. End of story.

During this hiatus, a friend of mine introduced me to Facebook. At first I thought the concept was wrong. I mean I spent the ladder part of my life trying to forget the people that made me miserable when I younger - why on earth would I want to become friends with them again? And then it happened - I became addicted to Facebook and reconnecting with the people who did make me happy back then and people that make me happy now. And I even met a few new friends along the way. It's a GENIUS invention - there I said it. I WAS WRONG. Sorry to the makers of Facebook.

And then I "friended" a man that would forever change the way I viewed friendship. A man that I, in no way, ever would have met if it had not been for Facebook and the fact that we had the same employer. To be honest, he was very easy on the eyes, but had he not worked for the company I work at, I would have "ignored" him.

From the get go we had a ton in common and he made me laugh out loud on a daily basis. He was everything I wasn't and that fact really intrigued me. I thought, "he's a blonde surfer lookin' dude - oh hell, why not!" Apparently all my life, I gravitated to brunettes and LOOK WHERE THAT GOT ME (minus the beautiful baby girl I had).

We became fast friends and I visited him in Dallas, watched him play soccer and just hung out. It was fun, it was perfect at the time and it grew to one of the best friendships I have ever had. Whenever I was down, he listened to me, said exactly what I needed to hear at the time and never judged me.

There is something in him that I see that he has never seen in himself. He has the biggest heart in the world and would do anything for any of his friends, no matter what the consequences. He's just that amazing. I feel like I owe him so much more than I am able to give and that breaks my heart. BUT, I know this - the person that gets the opportunity to get to know the man I have known for a year and a half now will not only have the best friend she's ever had in the world - she will also have the most loyal life partner a person could ask for.

She out there and she's just waiting for you to sweep her off her feet - or maybe even vice versa.

Thank you, Jarett for EVERYTHING you have done for me. You have been the better friend in this relationship and I hope one day I can repay you for making me the person I am today. Luv.

No comments: